Monday, September 30, 2013

Week 5 at the MTC is DONEZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everybody! Whoo has it been a busy week! For real! We moved from East Campus to West Campus this week on Tuesday! It was such a long day and then every day this week I have had choir practice for the 
broadcast tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 





We are leaving for Salt  I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Kiribati sister in my district had a tooth ache and went to the dentist to get it checked on Wednesday and then ended up getting her wisdom tooth out! We all felt so bad for her because the medication that was prescribed to her was making her sick since she isn't used to it! She got 2 blessings and we all prayed for her. Miraculously she is okay! After just 2 days her swelling was gone and she was able to laugh and talk normally! The church is true! Also another exciting thing happened! WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS! I have included a picture I took of them! And my whole district with our flight plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to the Philippines in 9 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





This week has been successful with our investigators! The language study has been paying off and most of our sentences actually make sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My companion and I are so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have been working hard memorizing and conjugating verbs and sentence structure. It has been hard! My brain hurts so much at the end of every day! I love it tho! I have to keep my email pretty short this week sorry! We have to go have lunch and then we have to get on the bus going to Salt Lake City! For the Relief Society broadcast!

This week was one of the busiest weeks to date but it was also one of the best! I have learned so much this week! Last night at the end of class our teacher turned the last hour into a massive TRC (training resource ... center I think?) It is a specific time where members come and volunteer themselves at the MTC and we (the missionaries) go and teach them ... whatever we feel they need. So we each went around the room twice asking her one question each. It was then our responsibility to find a scripture that we thought would help her the best based on what she had told us. Well I felt like I needed to take my time finding her scripture so I skipped my turn and waited for the right time. I went searching through the Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants and these are the two scriptures that I found. D&C 98:1-3 It says "Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks; 2) Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabbath, and are recorded with this seal and testament-- the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.  3) Therefore, he giveth his promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for you good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord." And 2 Nephi 32:3 "Angels speak by the power of the Holy ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold the words of Christ will tell you all thing what ye should do." 

Ahh brothers and sisters these scriptures truly pierced my heart when I read them and shared them with my teachers. With those 4 versus I was able to calm my troubled teachers heart. She was honest with her burdens and afflictions and because of that the Lord was honest in His council. She told us that she was feeling over whelmed. She wasn't doing as well as she wanted to and she didn't feel like she was fulfilling her church calling the way the He would have her. To these things I told her that the Lord doesn't not ask us to be perfect, He only asks us to be WORTHY. I love this Gospel brothers and sisters! And I am so sorry that this email is so short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have a lot of time today because of the tight schedule but I promise I will make up for it with next weeks email! 

I love you! And I am always thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love always!
Sister Fonua!


No comments:

Post a Comment