Tuesday, March 25, 2014

GUESS WHAT!

[From the week of March 13th] 


 

My zone won the zone activity! Lol yeah the key indicator selected this transfer was new investigators! And our zone by far had the most ... so yeah we won. Lol and this is my 3rd zone activity so far on my mish. Lol its cool because I wasn't expecting one. So I have to keep this email short because our email time has been cut down so this is going to be short! SORRY! I want to share an experience that I had at the beginning of this week! Oh also we had a baptism this week! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Okay so remember how I told you that I was sick the last time I emailed? Okay well I got sick again! Hahaha it really sucked. On Tuesday I woke up and just felt like I was going to die. I had a little fever and ... I my body was just ... in pain. After breakfast I went back to sleep hoping I would feel better when I woke up again but I didn't wake up until almost11AM. We had lunch and companionship study and I showered and then we went out. We finally got to our far area and even tho we were out my well being hadn't improved much. If anything it had gotten worse. BUT there were people that WE HAD to see that we couldn't not see so we were out. Now we were in our farthest area and because we are so far we have to start walking home around 5 or 6 because it takes 2 or more hours to get there. AND there aren't any tricy's that go that far after 5PM so if we are there past that time we walk. Which it usually turns out being so its usually not really a big deal but on that particular day I knew that I wouldn't be able to walk the entire way home and it had me super worried. By the time we ended our last appointment it was almost 6PM, dark and I was feeling worse that evening than I had all day. As we were walking back to central I was hoping with all of my heart that we would be able to get a tricy to take us home. When we finally got there, there was nothing. And when we got to the place where you wait for the tricycles there were 2 men sitting there telling us as we walked up that no tricys were available after 5 and it was almost 6. With extremely hopeful hearts we sort of just stood there waiting. The two men invited us to sit down, once we sat down we just waited. My head was pounding at that point I just wanted to cry because the road was just empty. A few time tricys actually did come by but we couldn't flag them down OR they didn't go as far as where we wanted. It was dark and I was tired and sick and the whole situation just seemed hopeless. I was getting anxious also because it was 6:30 and if we didn't leave before 7 we were probably going to get back later than 9:30PM which is the time that we are supposed to be in our apartments. 

So I was just sitting there stressing out. I started to feel all the hope that I had drain away fast as I started calculating these things in my mind and since there was still nothing and the time was just clicking away I suggested that we say a prayer. My companion said it and when she said amen I had already decided in my mind that nothing was going to happen and that we were going to have to walk. after about 2 minutes I stood up and decided that if we were going to make it home in time we'd have to leave right then. Sister Sorenson kind of looked at me like "shouldn't we give it a little more time?" lol because I am stubborn and prideful and because we didn't get IMMEDIATE results to our question I decided to take things into my own hands and to just do it the hard way and walk home even tho I was sick and even tho it wasn't the wisest option. As we were debating on what the best option for all of us was the two men that had been sitting with us the whole time told us to wait 15 minutes. I looked at my companion and at the empty road and didn't see how that would solve anything. My companion kindly encouraged me to wait and we reluctantly went and sat down again. One of the men that was sitting with us got up and walked into the road, about 5 mins passed by and a tricycle came pounding down the street, the man flagged it down and asked him if he could take us home the man accepted and said he would come back because he needed to drop everyone off first. 

As we enthusiastically thanked the man for helping us and make plans to teach him later that we I had time to reflect on the whole situation. I realized how ungrateful and demanding I was of the Lord and I also realized the scripture in D&C 98:1-3 "Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks; Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament-the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted. Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord." The end of vs 3 "and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good ..." that part is SO true. And where it says at the beginning of vs 2 "waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth" is so true also! I was blessed with the opportunity to see the weight and depth of these verses that day. In a very small situation but one that has effected me in a very big and real way. 

This life that we are given and the things that we are given to learn through our trials and weaknesses are not in any way small or insignificant. On the spectrum of eternity it is huge because the things that we are here to learn are of an eternal importance and will effect us for the rest of our lives. Now with all of the trials and weaknesses that we experience in this life it's easy to forget, like I did and it's easy let your fears and doubts over power our faith and ability to choose, just like what happened to me. HOWEVER, this doesn't in any way mean that we are alone. If those two men and my companion weren't there I would have suffered for 2+ hours walking home tired, and sick and feeling totally and completely alone. I know without a doubt that those 2 men were there for a reason and I am so grateful for their kindness and willingness to continue to encourage to wait just a little bit longer. That is how the savior loves us. That is how he succors when we need him the most. I know that for a fact, and I am SO GRATEFUL for the Lord's tender mercies in my life. I want to testify to each of you that you don't have to go through life alone! And that you don't have to suffer with your problems and trials by yourself. There will ALWAYS be someone there to life your burdens and make them light, and that some one is Jesus Christ. 

I have to go now! But I know this Gospel true. With everything that is in me I know that it is true. 

I love you all! And I hope you are doing well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love always!

Sister Fonua
pictures from the baptism :)))) miss lynzy delatorre :)



No comments:

Post a Comment