Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The work is working!

Lol okay sooooooo this week has been SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I feel like it was a month ago that I emailed you all last week but its only been 7 days hahaha. So lets see well first of all we had a really good successful week! We were able to accomplish so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have truly seen Heavenly Father magnify our efforts!

I really don't know where to start but at the beginning of the week on Tuesday! So our plan for the week was to find people and to increase the number of lessons we could teach by increasing our teaching pool. Okay so on Tuesday when we left the house in the morning before we were going to tract we had to do a couple things that should have only taken 15-20 mins tops .... 2 hrs later! Lol we were feeling frustrated and annoyed that we wasted so much time! (Those things were necessary which is why we made sure we got them done) Anyways we went and had a quick lunch and then went to the tricy terminal so that we could go to our farthest area. Well on the way there, even tho the ride was bumpy and uncomfortable I was so tired I almost fell asleep lol and by the time we got there I just felt like ... hitting my head against the wall. Lol we went to our first appointment and nobody was home, as we were making the short walk back to the main road I was our morale was pretty low. We both looked tragic and tired and we both just felt like going home, SO when my companion looked at me and said "Where to next?" The word "HOME!" almost came out of my mouth, lol thankfully tho instead of saying this I suggested that we stop where we were and say a prayer. My companion suggested that I offer it so I just said a simple little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us, and guide us to those people that would receive us and to those that have been prepared. When I said amen we walked on and I shamefully admit that I wasn't expecting anything. In my mind I was just hoping that we would be able to fill the time that we had to be out there and I just really wanted that feeling of being tired and lazy to go away. WELL because my companion is simply AMAZING! Lol with in about 2-3 minutes she stopped to talk to a few people on the side of the road, because I wasn't paying attention lol I kept walking until I realized my companion wasn't behind me so I stopped and practically ran back to her. Once we sussed everyone out we ended up teaching them a lessons where we gained 6 new investigators! After that we just went tracting and exploring through our area and by the end of the day we had gained 10 new investigators! We used any and every opportunity we had, whether it was talking to little lola's on the side of the road just chillin, OR helping anyone and everyone sweep their yard or wash their clothes. Every time we are out we use any and all of these tactics to find and on Tuesday everything just came together. We reached the mission standard of excellence for new investigators in one week in a single day! What just added to the brilliance of that day is that twice when were were teaching about 4-5 people by the end of our lessons there were nearly 20 people eagerly listening shyly to our lesson. In addition to this we had split's with the STL's this week and we were able to learn a lot from them! And they helped us gain even more investigators! I have really seen the blessings that come from being obedient and diligent especially when you are on the Lord's time. I have been so blessed to see how beautiful and incredible the Gospel can be in other people's lives when they truly believe it and then live exactly what they believe! 

I have really seen how incredibly important my own personal worthiness is in helping this work progress and how important it is that I keep the rules and work as hard as I can every day to be obedient. At the beginning of my mission I am not going to lie I struggled. I viewed the rules as a vague guideline, and one that I could choose when and how I kept them. In the last 6 months tho the Lord has literally shown me how wrong I am! Literally through small and simple things I have literally been brought to a better and much happier perspective. Because every day here I have been more and more willing to give up the things of the world for the Lord I have literally seen miracles. Within my self and within the work. In Mosiah 2:41 it says "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." I know how true and incredibly powerful these verses are! I know that if you work hard with all of your heart and stay faithful to the end, your reward is so much more than you will ever be able to imagine. I love this Gospel with all of my heart and I am so grateful that I am here in the Philippines, laboring every day to bring more souls unto Christ! I know much the Savior love's us and I know how much Heavenly Father loves us! 

I love you all! Sorry for the mejo short email! I love you!!!!!!!! 

Sister Fonua
I took that picture yesterday when we were walking home from one of our appointments.

and this picture was taken with my batch mates after the mission tour! (that we had this week)
this is just a cool pic I took in my area haha
we went to the mall after the mission tour and we had REAL PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
thats my district ... well most of them :))

No comments:

Post a Comment